Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Equality

It's frustrating to hear about athletes and people who believe they should be our country's top priority.
I am a Soldier.
I am sure basketball wives miss their husbands during their away games. I will miss mine for a year deployment. If my boyfriend is only in the field and out of contact a week, I consider myself fortunate. I volunteered to put my life on the line for our country, to give up basic rights like privacy, freedom and the fifth amendment but struggle to help my sick father with any bills at all, and am not authorized to receive housing allowance to live outside of the barracks because I am not married and have no children. I can't relate to people who make a fortune and have an off season, but live with their families year round every year.

No comments:

Post a Comment